Title: Data Life Cycle and Curation Graduate Student Lightening Talks
Presenter(s): Jewel Banik, Journey Eubank, Ashley Herdman, Sangam Kandel, Kanishka Manna, Sudip Panday, and Dave Ussery
Date: August 31, 2022
This month’s webinar will feature lightening talks from 6 graduate students working in the Data Life Cycle and Curation Research Theme at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences.
- Jewel Banik is a fifth year PhD student in the Neurosciences and Developmental Biology department and is studying the role of Musashi and regulated mRNA translation in pituitary development and function.
- Journey Eubank is a second year MS student in the Department of Biomedical Informatics and is utilizing knowledge extraction to establish quantitative data analysis methods on the spectrum of cognitive impairment in Parkinson’s Disease.
- Ashley Herdman is a third year PhD student in the Neurosciences and Developmental Biology department and is studying the effects of leptin signaling on gonadotrope coordination and function.
- Sangam Kandel is a third year PhD student in the Department of Biomedical Informatics and is studying high throughput sequencing of Arkansas Covid-19 genomes.
- Kanishka Manna is a third year PhD student in the Biochemistry and Molecular Biology department studying proteogenomic pipeline development in an effort to identify novel proteins.
- Sudip Panday is a first year MS student in the Department of Biomedical Informatics and is starting a project on DNA Repeats and the ‘mobilome’ in pathogenic bacteria.