Welcome to the virtual poster hall for the 2021 DART Student Virtual Poster Competition!
We are pleased to present the submissions from our project undergraduate and graduate level students. The projects span a variety of topics and disciplines. We believe that effective science communication is more important now than it ever has been. We challenged our students to embrace #BetterPoster principles in creating their presentations.
Here are the guidelines that were given to the students:
- Use the provided template and the included examples and ideas to create your DART #BetterPoster
- Overall submission should be between 5-7 slides and no more than 4 minutes long
- Get creative on the remaining slides, make good use of color, font, and images. Avoid scientific jargon. Use this tool to help simplify your text
- For inspiration, please refer to this video, this video, or look at examples on Twitter with tags #BetterPoster and #TwitterPoster
First, Second, and Third Place winners will be determined in both undergraduate and graduate categories. The winners will be announced in the afternoon of Monday September 13, 2021 during the virtual All-Hands Annual Meeting. All students who submitted presentations will receive a certificate of completion, and the winners will receive travel awards to present their work at relevant regional and national conferences.
- Grad 1st: Thanh-Dat Truong, UAF
- Grad 2nd: Regan Harper, UAF
- Grad 3rd: Maryam Alimohammadi, UAF
- Undergrad 1st: Rebekah Leamons, SAU
- Undergrad 2nd: Mackenzie Spurling, UCA
- Undergrad 3rd: Star Douangchanh, ATU