The DART Monthly Webinar Series provides an opportunity for project faculty and students to share short presentations about their work followed by open discussion and questions. Webinar topics will rotate between project management items like reporting and overviews of DART as a project, as well as specific research topics, important research results, and more.
The agenda for these webinars includes:
- 10 min (welcome and introduction)
- 25 min (presentation)
- 25 min (questions)
Would you like to present? Please email email@example.com to secure your date!
- Webinars will be hosted using the University of Arkansas Zoom account which requires that you have a Zoom account to join (free accounts are available https://zoom.us/freesignup/).
- All webinars will be recorded and made available after presentation. Links will be posted on this site.
- If you would like to receive notices for future webinars are not a DART student or faculty member, sign up here.
- Data Curation and SARS-CoV-2: population genomics of 2.5 million genomesCovid-19 has become a global pandemic, and recently Arkansas has seen a dramatic increase in number of cases, mainly due to a new variant (“Delta”). Using a population genomics approach, we are in the third wave with the current Delta variant accounting for about 83% of the strains sequenced. This has been preceded by the Alpha variant, which peaked in March of this year (2021), and another less characterized variant (Janus), which peaked in September 2020. Each of these variants has become better adapted for infecting and spreading within the human population.
|28 July 2021||Data Curation and SARS-CoV-2: population genomics of 2.5 million genomes||David Ussery|
|30 June 2021||Education, Outreach, and Workforce Development||Stephen Addison; Jennifer Fowler; Karl Schubert||Education|
|28 April 2021||Learning-based Approaches to Data-driven Predictions||Md Karim; Olcay Kursun; Xiao Liu; Chase Rainwater; Shengfan Zhang||Learning and Prediction|
|31 March 2021||Media Matters: Innovations to Improve the Value Derived from Social Media Networks||Nitin Agrawal; Serhan Dagtas; Ashlea Bennett Milburn; Christopher Trudeau; Justin Zhan||Social Media and Networks|
|24 February 2021||Socially Aware Data Analytics||Chenyi Hu; Xiuzhen Huang; Toby Klein; Qinghua Li; Zhenghui Sha; Ningning Wu; Xintao Wu; Anna Zajicek; Lu Zhang||Social Awareness|
|27 January 2021||First Steps toward a Data Washing Machine||John Talburt; David Ussery||Data Life Cycle and Curation|
|18 November 2020||DART Cyber Infrastructure Resources||Fred Prior; Chris Angel; David Chaffin; Pawel Wolinski||Coordinated Cyber Infrastructure|
|28 October 2020||Welcome to DART||Jackson Cothren|